National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
Over 95% of disease conditions that afflict us are covered by the NHIS:
- NHIS Benefits packages: — Out Patient Services, In Patient Service, Oral Health, Eye Care Services, Maternity Care, Emergencies etc.. Read More
- Membership Registration— To register for the NHIS you need to visit any of the NHIS office and fill a form; visit the website for more information www.nhis.gov.gh
Private Health Insurance Scheme
At Shai-Osudoku District Hospital we also accept Private Health Insurance Scheme that are registered under the National health Insurance Scheme in Ghana. We work with the list of published private insurances published on the NHIS website.
For more information, please contact the health insurance theme on:
- (233) 299 370 032 — call during working hours or
- (233) 245 664 221– For emergency purpose only
The NHIS covers most of the hospital prescriptions for those who registered with the NHIS. the list of medicines covered by the NHIS can be found here.
We accept both cash and card payments on collection of your medication, making it easier and quicker for you to pay for your prescriptions.
If you are entitled to free prescriptions, please ensure that you bring along one of the following as proof of your free entitlement:
- Proof of income support
- Family credit/disability benefit
- Prescription Payment Certificate